1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

mystery stove

Post in 'It's a Gas!' started by pellet9999, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pellet9999

pellet9999 Member

Loc:
    ny
    I have a small gas stove in my living room. It was here when I bought the place last spring. I almost gave it away but now I'm glad I didnt.
    I need to have several heat sources..... It is a small somewhat ornate black thing built recently. It has no markings at all or tags. I want to find out who made it so I can
    get a manual for it. I will try to post a picture but the KB limit is lousy for this site so......
    On the left back it has a rheostat switch ,on /off and a dial. when you press the button it makes a loud click.Is this the fan?. It has a wire out the back but not a plug
    like a cord. On the other side it has a temp control and pilot...Do these usually light themselves or do you have to spark them..?? The glass behind the movable front grate doesnt seem to open to access the fire logs. Any ideas in general on this appreciated.....

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. R&D Guy

R&D Guy New Member

Have you looked under the unit, or behind it? A builders/inspection plate is required on gas units sold in the US and Canada. Sometimes they are linked by chain on the bottom, or a sticker on the back of the unit. I don't recognize it, but I'm sure other members can help. Since it has a pilot switch or button, you likely have to ignite the pilot manually. Can you attach pictures of the controls?
  3. pellet9999

pellet9999 Member

Loc:
    ny
    theres the controls on the back right
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.