Myths about differant wood types

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
madrone said:
Sure, you save lots of money. All you need is a stove, SS pipe, good chainsaw with at least 200 ccs, safety gear including carbon fiber full-face helmet and 12-layer kevlar chaps, splitter (preferably a 3000 ton titanium with remote control), mauls and axes in each available size and head style, wedges, a shed, a deuce and a half, with trailer. I feel like I'm missing a few things...
Yes you forgot you'll need to dedicate a minimum of your double bay garage or carport to storing wood if you have to do like some of the guys in this forum do trying keep two or three years supply ahead.

An auctioneer I know always says

" the more you pay for it, the more it's worth"

So if you paid 300 a cord for your wood, wood it heat your house better than free wood?

Status
Not open for further replies.