1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

n00b with a few questions about pellet insert

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by smallcrpt, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smallcrpt

smallcrpt New Member

Loc:
    southern CT
    My wife and I just purchased a Breckwell p22. We bought it new off a guy on ebay, but I didn't get a manual. So I have a few questions...

We got 25' of ss forever flex chimney liner, should that have been an insulated pipe if we are installing into an existing fireplace?

Also should I put fiberglass around where the liner goes up the chimney? Its 3" pipe in an 8" opening, so there is a lot of empty space... or should I cut out a hole in my metal damper and fit it back in there...

There is the cleanout for the fireplace behind and below where the stove will be installed, as far as electrical, can I run nm romex up there behind the stove for the electrical? It is a plug in unit...

This is all very new to us, we're just excited not to be burning oil all winter...

Thanks for any advice, hopefully this will go smoothly tomorrow...
    -chris

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    Will the pipe fit through the damper?
  3. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    We have a free-standing Castille stove so I can't be any help, but here is a link to your owners manual:

P22 Owners Manual

Steve
  4. smallcrpt

smallcrpt New Member

Loc:
    southern CT
    yes but would it be wise to cut out a 3.5" circle in the damper and put it back in to reflect heat

thanks for the manual too

-chris
  5. cms0553

cms0553 Member

Loc:
    Trumbull County, Ohio
    Good luck, i recently installed a P-22 FS (built my own hearth) and it seems to be working fine. I think I will be very happy with it and the Propane company will be sad. My biggest suprise has been the noise level. Judging from different comments i have read on hear i thought it may be rather loud but to my suprise it runs very quiet
    I haven't taken any pictures yet so none of this really happened until I post the pictures.
  6. rap69ri

rap69ri New Member

Loc:
    Middle of RI
    Removing the damper and putting a piece of sheet metal in its place with a hole cut out would probably be a better option. Dampers are usually pretty thick stuff.
  7. smallcrpt

smallcrpt New Member

Loc:
    southern CT
    ok, well i might have the mechanic at the golf course cut a hole in it, he's got some sweet toys.

tomorrow i should be installing the rest of it, running the electrical, i'm still not sure how hot it gets behind there, i was wondering if i could put a junction box w/ recepticle in the old ash tube for downstairs.

-chris
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.