n00b with a few questions about pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smallcrpt

Oct 1, 2008
southern CT
My wife and I just purchased a Breckwell p22. We bought it new off a guy on ebay, but I didn't get a manual. So I have a few questions...

We got 25' of ss forever flex chimney liner, should that have been an insulated pipe if we are installing into an existing fireplace?

Also should I put fiberglass around where the liner goes up the chimney? Its 3" pipe in an 8" opening, so there is a lot of empty space... or should I cut out a hole in my metal damper and fit it back in there...

There is the cleanout for the fireplace behind and below where the stove will be installed, as far as electrical, can I run nm romex up there behind the stove for the electrical? It is a plug in unit...

This is all very new to us, we're just excited not to be burning oil all winter...

Thanks for any advice, hopefully this will go smoothly tomorrow...
-chris

Will the pipe fit through the damper?

We have a free-standing Castille stove so I can't be any help, but here is a link to your owners manual:

P22 Owners Manual

Steve

Good luck, i recently installed a P-22 FS (built my own hearth) and it seems to be working fine. I think I will be very happy with it and the Propane company will be sad. My biggest suprise has been the noise level. Judging from different comments i have read on hear i thought it may be rather loud but to my suprise it runs very quiet
I haven't taken any pictures yet so none of this really happened until I post the pictures.

smallcrpt said:
yes but would it be wise to cut out a 3.5" circle in the damper and put it back in to reflect heat

thanks for the manual too

-chris

Removing the damper and putting a piece of sheet metal in its place with a hole cut out would probably be a better option. Dampers are usually pretty thick stuff.

ok, well i might have the mechanic at the golf course cut a hole in it, he's got some sweet toys.

tomorrow i should be installing the rest of it, running the electrical, i'm still not sure how hot it gets behind there, i was wondering if i could put a junction box w/ recepticle in the old ash tube for downstairs.

-chris

Status
Not open for further replies.