Name that stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I saw this unusual stove this morning. Note the curved glass front. Today's puzzler is to name the stove.

PS: It's in very nice condition and going for $350. High efficiency and takes an 18" log. This is a good one for the gallery.

Attachments

• mystery.jpg
    mystery.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,098
close, but not quite right.....

BeGreen said:
I saw this unusual stove this morning. Note the curved glass front. Today's puzzler is to name the stove.

PS: It's in very nice condition and going for $350. High efficiency and takes an 18" log. This is a good one for the gallery.

That was the Pacific Energy Plummet.The stove performed well but people shied away from the name. I think it was a language barrier thing. They eventually redesigned the stove and introduced it as the Summit model. And the rest, as they say, is history.

hummm , interesting. I have ssen a stove just like that before on Ebay and i thought it was a Napoleon stove. Actually have have seen 2 different stoves for sale that looked like that.

Is it the trolley stove????

Come on B.G what is it!!!

Lopi “Elan”

Elderthewelder said:
Lopi “Elan”
Now that sounds more like it. I was thinking Napoleon and should been thinking Lopi .

I was thinking its a non cat stove and was an 80's model stove , unsure if made into the 90's

Elderthewelder said:
Lopi “Elan”

Bingo! I thought a northwesterner would get it. Though I think Tom was very close. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the twin of the Avalon Avanti.

BB, your suggestion almost had coffee coming out of my nose. Good one!

Roo, I've been uncovered. Fun wasn't it? I think we should do this regularly.

BeGreen said:
Elderthewelder said:
Lopi “Elan”

Bingo! I thought a northwesterner would get it. Though I think Tom was very close. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the twin of the Avalon Avanti.

BB, your suggestion almost had coffee coming out of my nose. Good one!

Roo, I've been uncovered. Fun wasn't it? I think we should do this regularly.

I got it the same way Roo got it, I was just quicker. Heck I am so "green" when it comes to wood and wood stoves I have no idea what I am looking at, but I figured you got it from craigslist, so I looked their real quick. I am however getting more and more educated everyday from this site

edit: and I see that I have been promoted to a "Burning Chunk" cool

wrenchmonster said:
Oh man! I'm so bummed about the Country Strker now. I could have that sitting in the living room. I would have painted it like the back of a school bus. Check out the simularities:

http://artgallery.dal.ca/collection/pcimages/33262.jpg

For fun you could have metal cut outs of people just inside the glass trying to escape from the burning bus.

wrenchmonster , your a sick, sick man ............Welcome to the group ! %-P

Status
Not open for further replies.