Name that stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warrenrees

Oct 18, 2007
Ontario
Hello all,

I've been reading up on here for a bit, just bought a new house and it has an air-tight stove. Was wondering if some of the guru's could give me a hand and answer a couple of questions that I have.

1) What make/model of stove is this? I'm looking to read up on it to get to know all of the potential problems/quirks/good to know information that it may have.

2) I'd also like to know where I'd be able to find a blower for it. It seems like it had one at some point in time, but alas, it currently does not.

Thanks for your help!

Warren

Attachments

• PIC_0001.JPG
    PIC_0001.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 274
  • PIC_0002.JPG
    PIC_0002.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 235
If that is a stove that had a UL listing on it, there should be a data plate on the back somewheres with more information. I don't recognize it beyond it looking like any one of many stoves of similar design manufactured in the "air-tight" era of the 70's and early 80's For that vintage, it doesn't look to be in bad shape, bit it is a classic "smoke dragon" that will eat a lot of wood and smoke up the neighborhood while producing decent, but not great heat.

I wouldn't put a lot of money into fixing it up, as you would probably be better off to replace the stove with a more modern EPA approved stove that will give you more heat with less wood.

That said, the blower probably isn't anything real special, I would make up some good plans with the dimensions of that mounting plate and the opening, then go to Graingers or some other similar electric motor place and ask them to match something up for you - it looks like a pretty generic mount.

Good Luck,

Gooserider

This is not a model which was sold nationally. During the late 70's, hundreds of stove companies sprouted up, and then were gone a few years later. Of course, the name of the stove is on the doors, but that is about all you will find out about this model (IMHO).

Yeah, I kind of figured that it was a fly-by-night dealie. I'll have to start it up and see how bad it smokes/how much heat it puts off, and decide if I want to look into a new one for next year.

Thank you very much for both of your help!

Warren

Status
Not open for further replies.