Nap 1402 - why do blowers cut on/off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

randkslade

Nov 12, 2009
Outside of DC
First time poster...hi!

We just purchased a Nap 1402 complete with liner (our last insert was truly just inserted into the fireplace) and we are confused as to why the blowers cycle on/off. We had a large buck stove and she would only cut off once she was way too hot, is the cycling on/off due to thermostat sensor?

Chimney guy said it was a good stove and it is our first day burning with it, truly trying to figure it out.

Thanks!!

I have the same stove, it cycles on when the temp is high enough. It cuts off when the temp drops. Think of the thermostat as internal to the stove, not to your room. It sends out heat to cool the stove when the stove is burning nice and hot, and shuts off when the stove is cooler (so creosote is minimized). If you like it blowing, keep it fed and the temp high. It's a great stove. These EPA stoves like a very hot temperature, and they will blow to send out excess heat once that temperature is met. They will not blow until the stove has found an efficiently high temp, or if the temp drops below an efficient temp.

Check to make sure the snap-disk is tight against the firebox.
If it isn't, & the blower draws air thru the gap between the disk & the box,
it'll cool the disk & open the switch...
The blower will shut off & then the disk will heat up & close...
Never ending cycle...

cedrus hit the nail on the head....the stove does like to run nice and warm...its just a learnin curve...keep burnin and playin with it, it wont take long. Make sure you have a nice thermometer or two on the stove top to see what temps you are burnin at. I find that around 550, my stove is extremly happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.