Napolean NPS 40 - Is this a decent pellet stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobolink

Oct 6, 2008
York, ME
A new user...I have a Quadrafire Santa Fe on order since June. Dealer keeps saying “August, October, now November delivery. I found a Napolean NPS 40 today and this dealer has it in stock and can install as early as next week. Are there out there satisfied with their NPS 40’s? How does it compare to the QuadraFire Santa Fe? Any help would be GREATLY apreciated as I’d like to order it before he sells out, too!! Has anyone had to replace motors, switches, etc? How much maintenance is involved with this stove?

i have one but have not used it yet, installing this weekend

if you do get it, there is a ring over the burn pot, burn the stove with out it, the performance is better (uncle and father have one)

Thanks for the quick reply. Judging by the fact that you have two other family members plus youself buying this stove it certainly adds to the credibility of it! It's starting to get colder and I don't think I want to pay the oilman while waiting until the end of November (if it even gets here by then...) for the Quadrafire Santa Fe.

Status
Not open for further replies.