Napolean vs. Fireplace Xtrordinaire vs. Other Central Heat Fireplace Options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lumbajac

Mar 15, 2008
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Will begin construction on new 2400sq.ft. well-insulated home at the end of May. Heating system plans have gone from a wood gasification boiler w/hydronic radiant heat, to a soapstone Woodstock Fireview fireplace w/ natural gas backup, and now to a secondary burn or catalytic fireplace with central heat ducting option (like the Napolean or Fireplace Xtrordinaire) with natural gas backup.

Am looking to burn wood as my primary heat with a natural gas forced air system to back it up and fall back on if I ever choose not to burn wood or sell. Can you tie-in a Napolean or Fireplace Xtrordianair into the natural gas furnace ductwork? Anybody using a Napolean, Xtrordinaire, or similar system. Am also looking at getting the most bang for my buck over the long haul.

Looking for input - positive and/or negative.... any thoughts?

Thanks,
Lumbajac

Status
Not open for further replies.