Napoleon 1100 0r1400 vs Englander 13 or 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineah

Jun 22, 2008
Seal Harbor, Maine
Narrowed my future stove down to a Napoleon or Englander. I am interested in the Napoleon 1400 or Engalnder 30. However, in a previous post I was advised that the 30 is too much for my house ( 1100 sqft). So the question is, does anyone have expierence with the napoleon? Will I really be happy with a 13 or 1100 vs a 30 or 1400?

1500 sq ft ranch and nothing but praises for the englander 13. Good luck!

I think you were given the proper advice in your last post.....30 seems big. Of course, the sticky post at the top of all forums mentions the pitfalls of buying a stove based on ANY recommendations from the forum.....we are a limited amount of users, and everyone has bias of some sort or another - some financially motivated!

We have a lot of pleased napoleon users - definitely a decent stove, and quite a few models. They are very well priced (or at least it seems so) as compared to a lot of other brands.

Best thing to do is simply compare the firebox sizes in cubic feet, then let your budget and your style be your guide.

thanks guys, the englander 13 has a very attractive price with the napoleon 1100 about $300 more. Both the englander and napoleon seem to get positive reviews. I feel as if I am over thinking this whole think.

Actually I can never figure out what a Napoleon costs because I get lost in picking and adding a door, finish etc. But the price gap may narrow if the Napoleon has standard side convection heat shields like I think it does. They are like a hundred buck add on to an Englander and don't have the fit and finish of the Nap's shields.

I can vouch for the Englander 13NC. I have one in our 960 sq ft single floor home. It produces MORE than enough heat, is easy to operate, and well priced.

I can't see you being disapppointed with the 13NC.

I have the Napoleon 1400 Pl and a Chit load of wood outside to put in it. Only problem.......It's my first year so I am no help other that telling you the Stove is beautiful, I purchased the Brushed Chrome legs and Webbed door. Construction looks good. I am particularly attracted to the thermostatic controlled blower ( $ add on $) and the heat shields. It looks as good as it does in the pictures.

And no!:coolmad: Your not over thinking it. But you better purchase soon.

I have the nepoleon 1402 p insert and I heat only 1300sq It may be to big for the sq footage but I like the option of controling the heat
The saying is Go BIG OR GO HOME> If it start to get to hot in the house i like the option off opening a window our door.For me its all free heat and aftre this winter the napoleon will be putting money back in my pocket
Like webmaster said keep and eye on the size of the fire box The big the boxs is the less loads youll have to put in
And all the Napoleons need more newbies on this sit to buy what ever you like(Like a napoleon)hay good luck with your purchase :coolsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.