Napoleon 1100PL Install ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gchunter

Jun 4, 2012
Thanks to all the great info here I am ready to install my new stove. It is going to be a corner install with double wall pipe on the inside, straight up thru the roof.

My question is I need to do an offset on the inside in order to get thru the ceiling. The Napoleon manual specs the corner clearances to the stove but no clearances listed for the stovepipe. So I am confused as to what proper clearance I have to hold in regards to the stovepipe.

I attached a pic of my new stove.

Thanks, Al IMG_3846.JPG

Single wall pipe will need to be a minimum of 18" away from combustibles. Double-wall connector needs at least 6" clear from the walls. There is no harm having greater clearances.

Single wall pipe will need to be a minimum of 18" away from combustibles. Double-wall connector needs at least 6" clear from the walls. There is no harm having greater clearances.
Begreen, Thank You! I just needed to know which direction I could do my offset. I am setting the stove 4" corner clearance. 2" seemed just a little too close for me.

It never hurts to exceed tested minimum clearances for a little more peace of mind. I went by a straight 16" measurement off the front glass to the front edge of the hearth and set the stove there. In order to work with stock pipe length the offset made me move it back an inch to 17" front. That gave me an extra 2" on the corners above the minimums.

It never hurts to exceed tested minimum clearances for a little more peace of mind. I went by a straight 16" measurement off the front glass to the front edge of the hearth and set the stove there. In order to work with stock pipe length the offset made me move it back an inch to 17" front. That gave me an extra 2" on the corners above the minimums.
I agree with what you are saying. With my hearth pad (minus the towel of course) I have almost 3" extra in the front as well. I took some measurements it looks like my inside stovepipe offset will be about 16" toward the center of the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.