Napoleon 1101 surround

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy123

Mar 5, 2011
PA
Anyone know what surround this is? It looks better than other one's I have seen. It makes the insert look so much better than the flat style surround.

Attachments

• 1101.jpg
    1101.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 245
I'm really not sure what surround that is. I checked my current Napoleon book and only see the black flashing kit and cast iron surround options. The picture above appears to use the same cast iron adapter kit, but is more of a flat flashing instead of the CI.

That shot is from the Napoleon brochure. It says that is the standard black flashing.

It doesn't look flat. Looks to me like some of the Osburn surrounds.

Funny how a little change in the surround can really make the insert look so much nicer.

Agreed. This is a shadow-box look which really sets off the stove nicely.

Can I buy this surround? That's the question.

Every photo of the 1101 surrounds look different. I'm sure it comes with a flat flashing.

Anyone have any links for a custom surround? I really like the flush to the hearth look with the shadow-box frame surround. The Regency Altera comes to mine.

Actually, come to think of it if you click our web page link in my signature the top center photo is a Napoleon 1101 we installed a couple years ago. Every one I've seen since looks exactly like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.