Napoleon 1400? 1402? fan wiring help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey101

Nov 23, 2016
Ontario
I have a napoleon what shows on the panel 1100/1400/1900 unit but the online manual looks more like an 1102/1402/1902. The unit has 2 fans not the big blower and they are not working. I cannot find a wiring diagram for them. I have about 3 wires that look cut and all different colours and not hooked up to the heat sensor either. Is it just 120v run and split to the 2 fans? I was looking at putting a switch in to manually control them or can I put something in to make the fans variable speed? Any help would be great a just 1 warm room in the house isn't the greatest....lol

Not sure if it helps but this is from the manual

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 9.07.00 PM.png

Reactions: monkey101
can I use any rheostat or do i need the $32 napoleon one? I hooked up a cord to the fans and they work fone but sound like a plane taking off since they are full speed.....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.