Napoleon 1400 or 1450

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cgbills

Feb 3, 2011
IN
Ok I have narrowed down my stove selection to the Napoleon 1450 or 1400, the 1400 must be the pedestal version. I understand that they are almost the same stove, but there are a few key differences I am hung up on. First is the ash tray. I am thinking I want the ash tray for the ease of cleaning, but is it that beneficial? Next is the Louvres. I like the idea of having that extra metal there to act as shielding in case of accidental touching (children and such), but is this thinking flawed? Do the Louvers get just as hot as a normal stove top? I like the idea of the Louvres and ash tray, but I am not sure if these two options are worth the +$300 extra. Also please note I do not care for or like all the gold/silver trim and webbed door the 1400 offers. My last question is the P and PL models of the 1400's. From what I can see the 1400'Ps are the cheapest. How do they differ from all the other models of the 1400? Thanks

We have a 1400 on legs. Like you, we didn't care for the webbed door. We specified a nickel door with a single large window. I would think the same door should be available for all the 1400s in any of the finishes. I can't imagine it's not available in black, but sometimes companies do strange things.

Ash pan is a waste. We have a 1450 and it works great. the extra louvres will like get pretty hot. If you're worried about little ones, put up some fence / railing until they are big enuf to know better. Not sure what the P and PL diff's are. 1450 would make Henry Ford proud - any colour so long as it's black.

KB007 said:
Ash pan is a waste. We have a 1450 and it works great. the extra louvres will like get pretty hot. If you're worried about little ones, put up some fence / railing until they are big enuf to know better. Not sure what the P and PL diff's are. 1450 would make Hnery Ford proud - any colour so long as it's black.

Same here, 1450 all black, keeps my house warm with free wood and the cost of the stove and installation paid for its self the first year. I love my stove!

24263_536354155230_41900138_31596272_3339384_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.