Napoleon 1402 Blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HatCityIAFF

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2011
Western CT
So today my downstairs was 53. Decided to load up the stove and give the house some heat. Stove was running fine, top up to 450, dampened down 50%, turn blower on high. Go upstairs to make some lunch, I hear a "bang" or a "pop" and I hear the fan shut off. I run downstairs, and say what the hell, fan won't turn on.

After taking off the right plate that guards the fan to get access to the insides, I notice the fan is sitting on the floor basically, not being suspended by the 3 screws that should be holding it up. I scratch my head some more as there are no screws laying around. (Figured this might be the bang i herd, the fan falling) So I take the left side apart to see how that fan is held up, and it is so loose with the 3 screws holding it on. Are they suppsed to have play in the fans? Or should I tighten these down hard? Still investigating.

Hmmmm thats wierd...When looking at the stove, the left fan is loose, and the right fan has NO SCREWS AT ALL. Insert is a month old. Boggles my mind. Also, took apart the fan switch thingy and found burn marks on the circuit board and back of the cover...Think that might be it. Can anyone tell me how to wire the fan to see if thats just the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_3679.jpg
    IMG_3679.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 199
Status
Not open for further replies.