Napoleon 1402 Fan Speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2013
West Chester, PA
We are so happy with this insert. My wife was very hesitant about it at first, but I told her she didn't have a choice...... I was going to have it installed. We have and she loves it.

Does anyone have any input on fan speed and when and how I can check to see if mine are still running at their full speed? We purchased 2 years ago now, and when we first installed I could swear the fans were running a lot faster then than they are now. I don't change the speed on the fans, we just set it at high and that is where it stays, I don't see any reason to lower the speeds as the amount of heat would go down and that doesn't make any sense. Sometimes I will reset the fans, as in turning them off and then back on to full speed, just like I will restart my computer. Don't think this does anything really, its probably just a psychological thing with me thinking that if I restart the fans they may run faster.

Along these lines, how often or when is it expected that these fans should be replaced?

-Adam

Not sure if your fans come off or not but it dosent take long for them to get dirty , mine are new and already need a good cleaning. Ill take the blower off and blow the fans off with the air compressor.

Status
Not open for further replies.