Napoleon 1402 Insert and Overdraft

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usner21

Oct 16, 2009
Eastern PA
I have been burning my Napoleon 1402 Insert for a couple weeks now and I noticed it seems like my wood burns up pretty quick. I am not seeing the burn times I anticipated. I have a 22' run of 6" SS Flex liner with an insulated block off plate. When I get things burning good and hot and I shut down the primary air all the way I still have solid, aggressive flames and monster Secondary combustion. I would have expected the flame to die down and get much lazier? Is it possible my draft is just to strong? I have done quite a bit of research on here and it seems overdraft with an insert doesn't have a lot of options?

Check the door gaskets. Make sure the air control is the only place air is getting into the fire.

98dingo said:
Check the door gaskets. Make sure the air control is the only place air is getting into the fire.

Insert is only a month old and I tested the gasket after my first couple burns and everything looked good. I guess I can test it again.

I have the same Insert And once you find that sweet spot your going to love that stove. Try closeing down the air sooner then later. On my stove I start closeing down the air when temp are getting close to 500. Ill have it closed all the way and temp will still climb in to the 600s so find your sweet spot and youll start getting longer burns

Status
Not open for further replies.