Napoleon 1450 on it's way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KB007

Minister of Fire
Oct 21, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I was thinking about buying a Regency F2400 when I went to the local shop yesterday and the salesman showed me the Napoleon 1450. It looked exactly what I wanted and with the current promo offer, they include the blower free. So I said "I'll take one". It looks like they've taken the 1400 fire box and gotten rid of all the fancy enamel finish/gold door options and made a very simle stove that should (hopefully) perform very well.

This will be to replace our older Nap. NC16 which just seems to have run about as long as it's going to. I've been getting less heat this year for some reason, and being non-EPA I guess the guilt was getting too much for me ;)

Hoping to get it delivered in a few days and will definitely do the initial burn in outside (we have large parrots and we're a little paranoid about any kind of chemical fumes in the house...)

couple of quick questions on this:

1) How do I do the initial burn-in - start slow and then let it rip full bore? Fill it to the gills with the air full open? Run real low and slow?

2) How long do I need to run it to get the residue off for sure? I don't want to have partial brun off of any kind once I get it in the house?

3) any other comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated - TIA

Looking forward to much better heat / longer burns and a warmer house overall with less wood :)

The answers to question 1,2, and 3. read your owners manual. It will, or should explain what you need to know

Napoleon is very specific in the manual on how to break in the stove. I followed it....worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.