Napoleon 1600 C

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna71

Aug 28, 2015
Staten Island NY
Was wondering if anyone can advise me on this stove. Considering purchase of a new one for this winter. Only a few reviews online but a few people noted that they get puffs of smoke coming from top of the stove during combustion. Is Napoleon considered quality? I don't have experience with wood stoves and looking for any help possible. Thanks to all.

Welcome. This is a decent stove, not high end but not bottom either. The reports of backpuffing are possibly due to inadequate chimney height. Napoleons like a good strong draft. The issue could also be due to operator error of shutting down the stove too quickly while burning poorly seasoned wood. In comparison take a look at the Enviro Boston line, Quad Explorer II, Pacific Energy Alderlea T5, Jotul F45.

Last edited:
We have a 1400P. I believe it's very close to the unit you're looking at (same design) but a little smaller. We have been vary happy with it. It's installed with a 25' insulated liner and haven't had a smoke issues.

It's heats our 2500 sqft with 8' ceilings surprisingly well.

They key, as with any modern woodstove, is dry wood.

We have the 1900p, its bigger than the 1600, but have been real happy with it and has done a good job keeping us warm. But with what begreen mentioned, those other stoves might be worth looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.