Napoleon 45I Thermostat questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerjm

Nov 6, 2015
Portland, OR
Hi,
I have read a lot of forums on here about thermostats, but not one that has necessarily addressed my insert a 2011 Napoleon 45I. I started with the whole converter/relay system which did not work, and realized that the mother board has it's own converter. So then I scrapped that and bought a millivolt thermostat that works for pellet stoves. It is a Honeywell RTH2410B1019. I bought some thermostat wire and have two wires to the panel and two to the thermostat, one on Rc and the other I have tried on the remaining five combinations with no luck at all. Perhaps I just need to get a simple non-programmable one, but it would be better if I could get a programmable thermostat to work. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.