Napoleon Fireplaces??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob From Wisconsin

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
East-Central Wisconsin
From what I see from the "ratings" section of Hearthnet,
they make a great woodstove. How about their fireplaces??
Anyone with any experience with their wood fireplace line??
Your input would be appreciated...

Rob

Hello Rob,

Yes, Napoleon does appear to have a good reputation.

They have exactly two EPA certified (high efficiency) models. The NZ26 and the High County NZ6000. I was going to purchase the NZ26 but then I discovered that the firebox was tiny at only 1.6 cubic feet. The NZ6000 is on the other side of the spectrum at a whopping 4.8 cubic feet and 700 pounds. This model was too big for my application. I ended up with a BIS model by Security Fireplace. Security is owned by Lennox.

A diirect competitor to the NZ26 is the BIS Ultima which is also sold under the Lennoz brand as the Brentwood. It has a 2.0 cubic foot firebox.

If you like the NZ26 and the 1.6 cubic foot firebox is adequate for you then definitley go for it. It is one of the few fireplaces that has a removable (slide out) ash pan below the firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.