Napoleon NPI40 Daily Pot Cleanout

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
real glad you found out/fixed the problem-probaly cause it was burning so bad it caused the ignitor to burn out. Good luck from now on!!..

Saltair said:
I dont see how drilling out the ignitor hole is going to chage your ash build up. I too had to open mine up to get the stove to light. I have tried eight different types ofpellets and with three or four of them I have to pull the clinker out of the burn pot every 8 - 12 hours. I dont shutdown the stove for this I just open the door and pull it out with that goffy little tool that come with the stove.

Anybody who owns one fo these stoves should search for the NPI exhaust fan thread. There have been a lot of troubles with this years Napoleon product. As I am writing this I am on hold with the factory, 20 minutes and counting, becasue they stopped paying a local dealer to do warranty work on my stove. Or at least thats what the dealer claims. I have spoken with the factory before and in general they will not talk to the retail customer.

I to have been getting the run around.. My convection fan just quit on my napoleon instert. My Daughter has had 2 stoves, the first smoked as they chose to have a slip flange sealed with silicone on the smoke side and a flanged join on the fresh air intake. Looks like the engineer got up backwards that morning! The dealer gave me a new stove which I installed. This one will only put out 120 degrees I inch from the heat exchanger with everything on 5, My insert puts out 170 with same settings and same pellets. We got the stove oct 20 2008 and all we have got is a run around Raymond will not ok a new stove so the dealer won't do anything because he hasn't been compansated for the other stove. ( he told me.) I have tried everything to get it to heat and to no avail. Besides why should l have to do the work the stove is defective. It is quit evident to me that the slipped into the market, got their money and now we are on our own. I did send the info into the Attorey Generals office today. Also It is pretty evedent to me the the engineers didn't kknow much about building a pellet stove. I have been told by the dealer the his distributor has been taking the return stroves and parting them out as the factory is not going good for them. Personally, I am so sorry I ever heard of Napoleon. and my recommendation to those of you thinking of buying one. is Don't. I would like to see the U.S. Banned them from this country. There are other places to get parts. Raymond promised me a fan 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting. We Just Want Our Money Back/ We don't trust them:

Sorry to hear you are having such issues with your stove and your dealer.
I have been as happy as a pig in **** with my Napoleon. My daughter has the insert, and my brother has the free standing unit like mine. No problems so far by anyone of us. I burn Energex, my daughter burns LGs and my brother burns Athens. We all seem to be have the same positive experience. My stove runs 24/7. I would say it is running better now than it did new, but I really think it is because of learning how to run it and keeping it very clean.
One local dealer told me Napoleon has sold over 8000 of these units. He had some complaints about blowers, but they were replaced. I saw about 6 of them in a box. Seems the regional rep works closely with that dealer.
From what I have learned on this forum, Napoleon would do much better if they invested in a good customer relations department. All brands of stoves have some issues, but it seems when the company responds and tries to resolve the concerns, there is much less noise here.

You need to feel yourself very lucky but unfortunatly for all of us with problems My rep has done nothing but make excuses for a stove that will only put out 120 degree 1 inch off the heat tubes I have tried everything they told me and with no results. Be sides when you have a faulty product the consumer should not have to work on it. I have tried all brands of pellets. Mine puts out 170 with same setting and pellet. The stove is a Lemon. They have done nothing but cause me work and frustation. The rep is a good talker with no results.

Now that I had a guy show me what was wrong with my airflow I actually like the stove and it is working fine for me.

When he came to determine that I needed a new Pilot Light he noticed a small noise coming from the Convection Blower as well. So, seeing I was under warranty, I ordered it and replaced it myself (easy). No noise now. Ordering the parts thru my dealer was a piece of cake and it came in in decent time frame. But I was frustrated for a long time with cleaning my stove daily. I looked high and low on the manual and instructions and found nothing about the air flow lever which is kinda stupid on Napoleon's part. The lever was not protruding thru the grate and was hidden behind it fully closed...

Status
Not open for further replies.