napoleon npi45 HELP!! lazy flame, soot on glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtauger82

Feb 17, 2015
manchester, ct
If anyone can offer some guidance I would greatly appreciate it. I have a napoleon pellet insert. My problem is black soot on glass and a lazy flame, the pellets build up in pot too. I have changed all gaskets, replaced the exhaust blower, vacuum switch, new door gasket, control board!!!, tried a 3" and 4" liner, added a fresh air intake, tried about 10 different premium pellets.....NOTHING. I have also adjusted the trim levels, feed rate and combustion speed... nothing. Oh, and I've cleaned it top to bottom several times... please anyone help!!

dirty flue if the liner don't go all the way up?

You may need an upgraded high current exhaust blower with large petal impeller blades. I put one in an NPI-40 and it worked super all this past winter!
Just google "low drafter blower"

Status
Not open for further replies.