Napoleon NPI45 or Quadra-Fire CP 1200i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnNumbers

Apr 25, 2014
VA
I have two different quotes: one from a chimney guy for the napoleon npi45 and one from a stove store for the quadra-fire cp1200i...installed, the prices are within 100 of each other...

I cant seem to find any concise information comparing the two inserts...only able to find bad things about each (but no good ones as is the nature of the internet...)

Whats your take? Napoleon from a well respected chimney guy or Quadra-Fire from a brick and mortar dealer.

Quadrifire IMO. Like the way it burns and for ease of maintaining and working on.

Quadrafire is a bigger better heater. Simple to run and maintain. Nothing wrong with Napoleon, I liked their analog stoves espec the insert, after they went digital, it seemed like less a heater. I'd look at Enviro Meridian, another favorable bay window stove. If cast iron is your thing the new Quad Mount Vernon E2 is a stove to check out too. Good luck either one of those you mentioned should do well by you.

I can't speak for Napolean, but I hear good things. I have a Quadrafire CB 1200 freestanding stove. The thing is a beauty! Fully automatic and man does it pump the heat! Keep it clean and it will keep you warm! I love mine!

Quadrafires are dirt simple and WORK! Easy to maintain, clean, and troubleshoot. No matter what the stove, you WILL have occasions to troubleshoot problems. Understand that up front and things will go much smoother. These are not set and forget appliances. They are ALL quirky space heaters but we love them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.