Napoleon NPS 45- is haunting me

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMRINDA

Oct 7, 2010
Northwest MA
I finally spoke to the dealer and they agree to help me troubleshoot my problems after I threaten to cancel my credit card payment. I had a return call in 2 hrs.. They agreed to have a replacement control box sent.. I explained that only half the tubes on the stove is warm when its running.. They tried to feed me that it was normal.. I said its not because I had seen the stove in action in the store. Has anybody had this problem.. Why would have of the tubes be warm when the blower is on? Could it be pellets, I have tried 3 different types of pellets and only 3 pipes are really warm.. I think there is a blower problem now my next step is figuring out how to prove it to them. Any ideas?

Thanks

While I have the older model of a Napoleon pellet stove, I can tell you that the concern you mentioned about three tubes not as warm as the other three is a common concern. But, I would ask you to think beyond the 3 cooler tubes and think of the total heat output of the stove instead of what tube the heat came out of. You can put a thermometer in front of each tube and record the temp, but a better measure is to record how well the area is being heated. That is a real measurement of performance.
Good to hear you are making progress getting a new board. Hope it is the solution to your problem. Buy the end of this, you will know that stove inside out!
Mine has been keeping me toasty warm into it's third season.

Status
Not open for further replies.