Napoleon NPS 45- red light blinking and can not restart unit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We received the stove on 10/24 and installed it last week.. I bought 2 bags of pellets from Home depot to try in the stove. I opened the control panel door for the first time on Sat as I was going to run the stove and realized that the button was loose. So I wanted to to still run the stove. I put in a call & email to the online store because most place that sell Napoleon will not fix the stove. I will continue to email and harass them as I am within my warranty period.. If all else fails I will put in a dispute with my credit card company & let them handle it.. I want that to be the last option because I am a responsible person and I want try and resolve the problem honestly. The Napoleon rep said to try a high quality pellet so now I am searching for a high quality pellet. I will read through the pellet reviews.

There is likely more than a button loose, get that control board replaced before you even think of turning that stove on again.

Every single problem you have had so far could have been caused by that control board. The controller could have sent the stove into over fire mode causing the blinking #4 light and it also might not be reliably seeing any of the other items on the stove and signaling false error indications.

if he would tell us up front about that broken board......

I mentioned something about the manual switch being broken.. I think it was buried in other posts. I should have realized that could affect the stove..Thank you all for your assistance. I will have a couple more calls into the dealer.. Now the USA napoleon rep has pics and plans on getting some assistance for me. I will you all posted as I wait for this to play out.

CMRINDA,

I hope everything goes well and the issue is resolved quickly for you. Then you can enjoy the new stove! :)

ok, keep us posted...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.