Napoleon NPS 45- slow pellet feed out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CMRINDA

Oct 7, 2010
Northwest MA
Need some explanation, my Napoleon is feeding out the pellets really slow.. Upon start up the pellet output is high along with the flame. But after about 10 mins the flame dies down.. I can turn up the flames and its does not increase the amount of pellets being dropped.. About 10 pellets are dropped about every 2 mins and its difficult to build a consistent flame with 10-12 pellets...I have a smoldering type flame. I have checked the manual and that is not in the help section. I sent an email to the company waiting on a response. What can I check in the meanwhile.

Thanks for you help

Your stove has a manual-hi/lo-auto/off feature. There is a switch on the control panel If your not using a thermo stat be sure its in manual.

We can feed the pellets by pressing the auger feed but only 10-15 pellets will drop.. Does it mean I have to open the unit to feed a handful into the pot? I would assume that 30-50 pellets would feed into the pot ever 2-3 mins versus 10-15 pellets..

You did get your new control panel, Right?

The switch on the control board should be set to manual See attachment Switch is the operation mode. It should be in manual if you don't have a theremostat!

Attachments

• napolean panel.jpg
    napolean panel.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 205
Not yet! Its on order we should have it by next week according to the rep.. He has been helpful with answering questions just slow. We have a digital remote should it still be in manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.