Napoleon NPS40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyPellets

Nov 24, 2013
Derry NH
Anyone with experience with a Napoleon insert circa 2008 ? No real issues over the years outside of a noisy convection blower.

This weekend began with the ignitor failing. Stone cold but auger is feeding pellets fine. Convection blower started really acting up today where it would only start blowing when at full throttle. Noises aside it always was able to vary the speed and start just fine. Well THAT finally died today during our first real cold snap.

The low limit switch was replaced this past Sept (by myself) after diagnosing a no feed issue while doing the pre-season cleaning. Stove just really needed a good cleaning. Found the elbow between the stove and stove pipe clogged up with ash.

Question, Is the Ignitor and Convection blower related to each other in a way that if one dies the older will fail. I'm ordering parts and I'm concerned that if I put a nice new blower @ $200 bucks and an nice new ignitor @ $72 bucks that I'm asking for trouble because I didn't replace XYZ???? (I'm not too excited to have to purchase the power control module or timing module @ $120 each...

Possibly over thinking the issue but these 2 key (expensive) parts failing within 3 days of each other leaves me punchy.

Thanks for reading.

SaltyP

Status
Not open for further replies.