Napoleon NPS45 Pics, finally installed....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
geek,

Some stoves have two modes when operated on a t-stat, one is the start up/shut down mode and the other is high/low mode the second mode doesn't shut off it goes to the lowest heat setting and keeps on a burning.

right smokey, my stove board has:
-auto
-t-stat
manual

Auto is the one that should shut it on/off if the t-stat does not call for heat within 60 minutes. I will check this again once I get a few hours of operation to make sure i didn't miss anything, will then report back.

geek said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
geek,

Some stoves have two modes when operated on a t-stat, one is the start up/shut down mode and the other is high/low mode the second mode doesn't shut off it goes to the lowest heat setting and keeps on a burning.

right smokey, my stove board has:
-auto
-t-stat
manual

Auto is the one that should shut it on/off if the t-stat does not call for heat within 60 minutes. I will check this again once I get a few hours of operation to make sure i didn't miss anything, will then report back.

I am betting the Skytech is the issue here. When the room temp is reached does the stove go to low fire mode?

smalltown said:
Geek nice lookng install. Loks like it really soots up the glass quickly. I don't have a Napolean stove so mabey somebody with one might comment on that.

Black is actually on back wall as fire is very high right after start up do do pellets accumulating in pot burning off. This happens with my NPS40 as well. Glass stays pretty clean for me, and only starts getting soot after a couple bags burned.

Great looking install geek.

Status
Not open for further replies.