Napoleon NZ 26 Flame Spreader

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

K in Wisco

Oct 15, 2023
WI
We recently purchased a house that came with a NZ 26. I took it apart for cleaning and decided to replace the upper brick and baffles. I wasn't paying attention to the lower flame spreader orientation. What way is it supposed to slide onto the upper - narrow side down or up? Thanks!

1697408589767.png

This way or flipped? Unfortunately, the manual doesn't spell it out clearly. Thank you!

Looks like the bottom end should be the narrow one. I am not sure, but wondering if the fold on the ends of the wings create a channel that slips over the upper flame spreader ends? When in place, tape it to the upper flame spreader with masking tape to hold it in place when putting the baffle in. The tape will burn off with the fire.

Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 12.01.42 PM.png Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 12.02.14 PM.png Screenshot 2023-10-16 at 12.02.35 PM.png

Thank you so much for the pictures! That's kind of what I thought based on this pic from the manual I found. It wasn't the easiest thing to take apart and put back together. Much appreciated once again!:)
Screenshot 2023-10-16 5.40.37 PM.png