Napoleon NZ 3000 flue cleaning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian

Oct 3, 2012
Suffolk, NY
Has anyone cleaned the flue on a napoleon nz 3ooo insert. If so how hard was it removing the baffles and secondary burn tubes?

not bad at all. I remove all the brick, the 4 bottom pieces first, then the 4 sides, then the back piece. in the upper front left and right corners are 2 plates that are held in with either a couple 7/16 or 1/2" bolts. there are a couple bolts that will then become visible in the front holding up the secondary tubes to the stove. take those out then the 3 nuts against the back wall of the stove (which are different socket size then the front ones). to get at those you will have to slide the baffles and the blanket forward that rest on top of the secondary tubes. Once all those are out just lower the tubes and the flue is right above it. its a dusty/dirty job but not a bad one by any means. after 2 years i noticed the blanket started to fall apart so i replaced it with some roxul type blanket i got from a chiminey place online.

anything else just ask

Status
Not open for further replies.