1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Napoleon NZ26 zero-clearance and duraplus baseplate adapter

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by stangds, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stangds

stangds New Member

I have a Napoleon NZ26 zero-clearance fireplace ready for installation. I also have the duraplus baseplate adapter for 6" triple walled pipe.

now on to my question:

The vent hole on the top of the fireplace is about 6 1/2 inches in diameter, whereas the baseplate adapter that fits down inside of this is about 6 inches in diameter.

Is this normal? it seems "sloppy" to me. I'm afraid creosote will build up in this area, and cause a fire risk.

the stove came with a square gasket to seal the top of the stove to where the stovepipe sits on it.

Thanks,

Dan

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Does the napolean fireplace manual state that it is approved for duraplus?
  3. stangds

stangds New Member

Yes, it says you can use any 6" diameter chimney listed to UL-103HT. Duraplus is listed UL-103HT.
  4. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Well then, you should not have any problems. All the pipes are 6". If the stove is 6.5" then you will have a quarter inch lip all the way around. Nothing i would worry about. Its the hottest part of the stove and creosote wont survive there. If the pipe is listed for the appliance, there is no problem using it.
  5. stangds

stangds New Member

Thanks for the input. I'm just making sure I didn't get a fireplace with a manufacturing defect or anything like that. :)

This is a nice forum you guys have here!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.