Napoleon stove. auger not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesselee

Sep 3, 2008
Maine
Hi we have a Napoleon pellet stove. Just this morning the auger stopped working. We cleaned out all of the pellets and noticed that the auger was full of debris, we cleaned that out and its still a no go. so we checked the flue and cleaned that. I saw the thread about not feeding pellets but honestly I'm not very mechanically inclined and its like reading a tax papers to me. My husband is bound a determined to fix the stove the stove. Is there a kind person out there who could give us a step by step guide on how to troubleshoot this thing? Thanks!!

Check your vacuum switch. Probably plugged. Remove the hose from the switch and blow air back to the stove.

Auger wont run if the stove doesn't see vcacuum. Its a safety feature. Just in case the combustion blower fails.

jay

We removed the hose and blew through it. Then we started the stove again. The auger moved twice then stopped altogether again. Its barely moving when it does move. Any suggestions?

Are you getteing an error on the display? I don't own one and don't really know the stove.

You might have a bad motor??? I will down load the manual and see if there is something else I can help with.

jay

I would try seperating the auger motor from the auger and turning it manually,could be a jam you cant see,also try running the motor off the auger and see hows it runs,you could use an old extension cord cut with the proper terminals to hook on the auger motor.

There are 2 switches that will stop the auger. 1 is the air switch and 2 is the hopper switch.

Try what gettontheball says. Unplug the stove and remove the auger. see if turns easy. See if auger will work when disconnected. If the motor doesn't turn there the problem.

Do you own a volt meter?

Ghettontheball said:
jtakeman said:
There are 2 switches that will stop the auger. 1 is the air switch and 2 is the hopper switch.

Try what ghettontheball says. Unplug the stove and remove the auger. see if turns easy. See if auger will work when disconnected. If the motor doesn't turn there the problem.

Do you own a volt meter?
they cleaned the chute & its gHettontheball!

testy today?

I will let you take over!

later
jay

Jesselee said:
Hi we have a Napoleon pellet stove. Just this morning the auger stopped working. We cleaned out all of the pellets and noticed that the auger was full of debris, we cleaned that out and its still a no go. so we checked the flue and cleaned that. I saw the thread about not feeding pellets but honestly I'm not very mechanically inclined and its like reading a tax papers to me. My husband is bound a determined to fix the stove the stove. Is there a kind person out there who could give us a step by step guide on how to troubleshoot this thing? Thanks!!
Any progress?

thanks for the tip, my auger motor would not come on and did so intermittenly previous to today's not working at all. i took out the little nut that attaches to the vacuum tube and blew out the piping inside the stove and it workss perfect again, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.