Napolian Stoves (Stay away from them)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Napoleon is running better this year than last. My brother has one and so does my daughter. No problems for us so far except for some issues related to owner operator learning curves. Learning proper cleaning and draft control has gone a long ways to improve our satisfaction from this stoves performance. I did try to contact Wolf with a few questions. As noted in other comments, they won't deal with the stove owners. However, I have found our dealer to be receptive and able to communicate with the area representative. Would I buy another Napoleon? , Most likely not. There are many other stoves available now. Not so when I bought this one. I would like a better looking stove, and maybe one with some of the options I have become aware of by reading this forum.

save$ said:
My Napoleon is running better this year than last. My brother has one and so does my daughter. No problems for us so far except for some issues related to owner operator learning curves. Learning proper cleaning and draft control has gone a long ways to improve our satisfaction from this stoves performance. I did try to contact Wolf with a few questions. As noted in other comments, they won't deal with the stove owners. However, I have found our dealer to be receptive and able to communicate with the area representative. Would I buy another Napoleon? , Most likely not. There are many other stoves available now. Not so when I bought this one. I would like a better looking stove, and maybe one with some of the options I have become aware of by reading this forum.
Looks is one of the reasons I bought the NPS40. I like the bay type window. The price was the other. As far as options go you are right there are many newer stoves with more features. Even the new NPS40 has more features.

Status
Not open for further replies.