Narrow width stove decent heat needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TTara

Sep 4, 2023
canada
Hi I’m looking to install a Woodstove but the only possible space is in walk through area in my living room. It can be tall and long but closer to the wall so not to impede passing by.21 inch max to wall. Also would love cast iron and cooktop, has be certified for Canada. Any suggestions?

You may want to cut out cardboard in the stove shape to make sure it’ll fit well if the spot is small/narrow.

How big is the area you are looking to heat?

So far what has been described is not very practical or safe from burns. Cast iron stoves are often quite radiant with higher clearance requirements.

I’m looking to heat around 1500 sqft , it’s a wide breeze through area it will be okay for burns. I have it taped on the floor and have piles object s for visual effect , it will work!

What stove model was the floor taped out for? Can you post a picture of the taped out area?

It’s taped out for a regency F1150, or the cost LE1500 Pacific energy. Both were the same if I remember but neither are cast iron or have a cool top: my only option close to that they had jotule F 602Vs but it’s a tiny heater. I’d like to hit around 1200 to 1500sqft heating….. I love the jotule look best😢

F49A12A9-3B9A-410B-98D6-B1E4E6A2A734.jpeg 2AAA3108-CE41-4BC6-869D-3663EECA17DF.jpeg

Look at the PE Alderlea T4 and Jotul F35.

Ah my bad, vista LE1500 by pacific. The jotule F35 would stick out 35inches total from the wall and the same issue with the PE alderlea t4. I’m looking for good options that are tall or wider to provide good log length, burn time and overall more heating volume but I’d like the depth from the wall to front on the stove to max out at 20 or 21” . Preference to cast iron and a Morso or jotule look ;but not those, the new clean air regulations in Canada have cut down on what they offer. Soooo I’m hoping someone knows about another great brand with those options I need to fit my space. 😁

Unless the wall behind the stove is not studded or entirely non-combustible, the rear clearance requirement for the stove needs to be factored in addition to the actual stove depth. Check out the Regency 1150 for a shallow stove.

Last edited:
Oh lol the floor is taped out for the regency f1150. It’s okay for dimensions but I want cast iron and more of a Jotul look or Morso. Just hoping there are some other brands that would hit the spot

Oh lol the floor is taped out for the regency f1150. It’s okay for dimensions but I want cast iron and more of a Jotul look or Morso. Just hoping there are some other brands that would hit the spot
The Morse 2B is only 13" wide, but has a 26" side clearance requirement. The Lopi Rockport and Drolet Capetown may be too large. The Morse 7110 might work.

Last edited:
I love the 2B but the side clearance is not going to work. You’re right about the 7110 could be good, I’ll have to check the price