Nashua wood stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kiletravis09

Jan 21, 2015
woodstock ohio
So I just bought this Nashua insert off of Craigslist for 200$. It will fit well with my other Nashua wood stove in the den. The glass was broke so he put a piece of metal in the window to make it through the winter. I have ordered a new piece of neoceram, and a new stainless flex chimney. The only thing I didn't realize is the UL label info was scratched off. This will probably make it an issue in getting it insured. Does anyone on this site have thus same insert? If so, could they pleeeease take a pic of the UL info :) with two Nashua stoves thus winter I just might melt the paint off of the walls. Rather be warm then cold I always say:)

6de7339c540e5f986edf1438dffcb131.jpg

fe7ec9cf89b622af0ca126ed5cbf7c89.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the label info but I believe all Nashua stoves were UL tested. Will the insert be connected to a full liner in the chimney?

Yep. I have the stainless liner ordered and also the new glass. All Nashua stoves (including coal burning) were UL listed. I doubt my insurer would insure thus unit without at least a pic of the UL tag. My other stove has it on the back and my insurance just wanted a pic of it. So hopefully I can just send them a pic of one and it will b OK. I know I've seen two people with this same unit on here a couple of times. Hopefully they comment and a gracious enough to get me a pic haha

Status
Not open for further replies.