1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Nashua wood stoves

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Brandon, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Brandon

Brandon New Member

Can any body give me some info on these stoves? Looking to put a stove in my basement to help heat my house, and I found one of these stoves for sale but couldn't find much info on the internet. Thanks for the help.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. fox9988

fox9988 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NW Arkansas
    I don't know anything about Nashua, but if you do a search at the top right of the page, you'll get some results.
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
  4. strongarm

strongarm Member

Loc:
    southeastern ma
    My parents had a Nashua in the basement of a three bedroom ranch. My father had the stove connected to the forced hot air ducts, wich kept upstairs in the low to mid 60's. The basement was in the 80's. I took over the stove and installed it in the living area instead of the basement. It was very well made, heats very well but it chews through wood with a 6 hr max burn time. Gone through three cords this year. Be sure to install a flue damper, and a good thermometer to keep it under control.

Attached Files:

• 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      223.1 KB
      Views:
  5. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Thanks for the picture. That looks like a hot dog.

Do me a favor and move that wood 18" further to the right, away from the stove. We read about too many spontaneous fires with wood that close to the stove.
    raybonz likes this.