Nashua wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

Feb 21, 2013
Can any body give me some info on these stoves? Looking to put a stove in my basement to help heat my house, and I found one of these stoves for sale but couldn't find much info on the internet. Thanks for the help.

I don't know anything about Nashua, but if you do a search at the top right of the page, you'll get some results.

My parents had a Nashua in the basement of a three bedroom ranch. My father had the stove connected to the forced hot air ducts, wich kept upstairs in the low to mid 60's. The basement was in the 80's. I took over the stove and installed it in the living area instead of the basement. It was very well made, heats very well but it chews through wood with a 6 hr max burn time. Gone through three cords this year. Be sure to install a flue damper, and a good thermometer to keep it under control.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 1,995
Thanks for the picture. That looks like a hot dog.

Do me a favor and move that wood 18" further to the right, away from the stove. We read about too many spontaneous fires with wood that close to the stove.

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.