Nashua

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoppell

Jan 18, 2008
metrowest
I need to get the intstallation dementions for a nashua wood stove to obtain a building permit does anyone know where I can get this info

does it have a rating plate on with a UL Listing seal? If not you have to go by default NFPA 211 guidlines which are pretty steep. 36" from combustibles all around I think.

jtp10181 said:
does it have a rating plate on with a UL Listing seal? If not you have to go by default NFPA 211 guidlines which are pretty steep. 36" from combustibles all around I think.

the unit probably did have one , unfortunately if it has been removed it is no longer a listed unit" even though it once probably was, in this case JTP is correct , nfpa 211 would be the code in effect for unlisted units , this means 36 inches clearance to combustibles in all directions ,and 18" floor protection extending in all directions from the unit.

jcoppell said:
I need to get the intstallation dementions for a nashua wood stove to obtain a building permit does anyone know where I can get this info
Wow! An old Nashua. I had the smaller model in my basement over 20 yrs ago and it roasted me out. It was one of the cleanest burning non EPS rated stoves ever made. Had a nicely designed baffle in it that created a long flame path . They stopped building those stoves when the tough regs came out a few years later.
That said , my next stove was a Pacific Energy high tech but non catalytic technology that burned 50% less wood and circulated the heat much better. I sold it to a friend who uses it to heat his new house.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.