National Solar Tour / Green buildings open house

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn-1

Feeling the Heat
Jul 13, 2006
Lakes Region, NH
I wanted to throw out a notice/reminder to those who might not know that Saturday October 6 is the National Solar Tour date.

This is a national event from 10AM to 4PM. If you have ever had an interest in renewable/alternative energy then this is a great opportunity to see a range of different technologies up front and the chance to ask a few questions if you wish. I have gone every year for the past three years over New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont and have learned a lot. We hope to put some solar hot water panels up next year with an Eko boiler.

The link for the national tour can be found here

For those like myself in the Northeast, you can go to this link NESEA Green buildings open house The full 2007 schedule should be up in a few days.

Edit: Northeast includes New England, but also NY, NJ, PA and DE

They dont have the full schedule up on the NESEA site yet but this page 2006 Green Buildings tour will let you search to see what was available and many of these people repeat.

It will be well worth your time.

In my area it is Oct. 5th and 6th. One day is for businesses and one for homes. We are planning to go have a look see in our area. Hubby has been wanting to do something with solar or wind or both for a long time. We have had little things like a solar flashlight, a solar security light, a solar water fountain, solar yard lights, but nothing that gives us actual electricity for our house.

Still waiting to get info from NESEA but the following link shows the properties which will be part of the tour in New Hamsphire.

NH Green Buildings Tour locations

Click on the property owner's name on the left side of the page and you can get information about that particular house/building.

Status
Not open for further replies.