National Wire Story on Corn Stoves....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like good news for people who make and sell corn stoves, and farmers, too. But maybe bad for those who already burn corn as all that extra demand may send prices up!

Pesky supply-demand cycles!!

Corey

Reactions: ruger243
cozy heat for my feet said:
Sounds like good news for people who make and sell corn stoves, and farmers, too. But maybe bad for those who already burn corn as all that extra demand may send prices up!

Pesky supply-demand cycles!!

Corey
I would say that corn prices "will" go up. Wood prices have gone up and there in not a sudden shortage of wood. Supply and demand. I see these corn stoves that sell at TSC and other farm stores (that they still have on hand) these stoves are $1500. They are selling for $2300. - $3000. on Ebay for the last month . UNREAL ! I thought about buying the last 10 that our local farm store has and getting in on the action but ..... that also put our local sales and buyers out . This is just one time i will have to pass on the action and let the locals get the deal.

I thought corn farmers were subsidized by the feds. doesn't that keep corn prices artificially low? That would make me kind of nervous about buying a corn stove. of course if I could recoup my expense in 2 years I mighht do it since it takes the feds so frickin long to do anything I'd have a few years of benifrit at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.