Nation's Choice 2015

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet_Pete

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2014
Franklin County, MA
Bought my 6 tons finally. Went with the local HD, and Nation's Choice is what arrived in my driveway. Paid $259/ton, down $10 from a few weeks ago. Last year they delivered Fireside Ultra, which I liked a lot, and year before that was Stove Chow, which wasn't too bad. Well, burned through my first 40 lbs of NC overnight, and am pleased with the heat & ash levels. Some very long pellets in the bag, but nothing my Harmans can't handle. The bag says "premium hardwood pellets", but I detected the distinct aroma of pine resin when I opened it up - not that I'm complaining about that! My neighbors bought 2 months ago and went with Warm Front and paid $259/ton - I burned 2 bags of those things to tide me over, which was just enough to remind me that I'm never buying them again!

surprised at that.
Nations choice usually gets a thumbs down here.. then again your using a Harman which does help to burn crappy stuff a bit better..

My neighbors bought 2 months ago and went with Warm Front and paid $259/ton - I burned 2 bags of those things to tide me over, which was just enough to remind me that I'm never buying them again!

I was told that Warm Fronts were re-badged Green Supreme's but not sure about that.

surprised at that.
Nations choice usually gets a thumbs down here.. then again your using a Harman which does help to burn crappy stuff a bit better..

Yes, that's what I'd read in old posts, but it seems a bit of a revolving door keeping track of which pellet goes in which bag. To be honest, these pellets seem identical to the Stove Chows I burned 2 years ago - very dark color to the pellets, very hard & shiny, & lots of long pellets. But yes, my Harmans eat them just fine

Yes, that's what I'd read in old posts, but it seems a bit of a revolving door keeping track of which pellet goes in which bag. To be honest, these pellets seem identical to the Stove Chows I burned 2 years ago - very dark color to the pellets, very hard & shiny, & lots of long pellets. But yes, my Harmans eat them just fine
yep....
I was buying the cheaper quality pellets for couple years but am liking softwoods and the low ash more and more..
willing to pay a bit more for them.. have a dealer about 40 minutes away who deals many Softwoods including Douglas firs which are zilch ash...

Status
Not open for further replies.