Natural Fire (Earth Sove by Lennox)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerR

Minister of Fire
Jan 28, 2009
Hampton, NH
I'm not really interested in this one but I have seen some of the posts where people have bought cheap, broken stoves on Craigslist and fixed them I may be interested in doing this if the stove was right. I could then sell it or perhaps install it upstairs in my sons apartment. I seem to remember someone saying that Earth Stoves were to be avoided. This one has a very weird burnpot. Anyone know anything about them? I did a quick search and there are parts available.

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/hsh/1596457774.html

Chan

I have owned Earth stoves and had great luck with them.

The one in the piccy seems a tad grungy but the rust may be just surface rust from sitting in a damp garage.

The Earth stove is a "Bottom Feeder" and also a positive pressure stove.

The pellets feed into the lower portion iof the fire pot from the auger.
They also use a two stage feed system.
The pellets are fed from the hopper via a feed drum and then they fall into the auger and from there they are feed to the fire.

In the event of a burnback (never seen one) the fire can't get to the fuel in the hopper.

I just today sold a WP50 Earth Stove that we had run for 15 years.

Never gave me one bit of trouble. Ran that sucker every winter often 24/7 when it was cold out.

Buy on what you can see in the way of condition.

If the shell, heat exchangers and such are good then it's likely a good stove.

Snowy

Status
Not open for further replies.