Natural to Propane/?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

msfixit

Oct 28, 2011
south
Hi.I have a Dessa natural gas fire log set.We have changed over to propane.Can this be converted to work with propane? Thanks

for many applications it is as simple as changing out the orifice to a smaller one w/ a simple wrench. Check with the manufacturer and you may be able to pick up the new orifice for little to nothing.

pen

Quote often the orfices are universal sort of things. Check with the company who is supplying you with propane.

pen

I think I'd try to find an owner's/install manual BEFORE
I started to modify your gas log. At least see if the rating plate
indicates an LP option...It may NOT be convertible
or it may require MORE than just an orifice change.
Some units require a completely different burner for LP & NG.
You'd probably be better off selling the NG set & buying
another that's rated for LP...

This any help? http://www.desatech.com/gaslogs.htm

If you choose your model number it gives you an option in the center of the page to click on for natural gas to propane conversion.

In playing around choosing different models it seems that the vent free models can't from what I read.

pen

:-S Thanks everyone for your help.It can't be converted! My Luck.LOL.My first time to post,great response.Very good site,I'm glad that I found it.Take care.......

Status
Not open for further replies.