Naturally aspirated gassifier chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

I had a PM about my chimney, and just in case anyone else wants to use this info to analyze their draft, I thought I'd reply here . . .

90 deg elbow at the GW outlet.
Stove pipe goes up to another 90deg elbow at the same height as the GW top
Goes into a Metalbestos "T" bottom has a cleanout plug)
Then three sections of Metalbestos (34" persection)

I think GW says .05-.07 WC for draft. Because the guy who installed it is always in to much of a hurry, he never checked it. When I first started running the GW, I was having trouble - as I suspect most nebies do - and I called GW. The tech guy said forget adding any more pipe, go with the Terglund(sp?) draft inducing fan. Though I bought it, I never installed it. Seems to me that I should actually MEASURE the draft before I go screwin' with it.

Jimbo

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
Seems to me that I should actually MEASURE the draft before I go screwin' with it.

Jimbo

What, make a decision based on DATA rather than opinions, emotions, fear, or a desire to impress people? You must be living in another world....

Status
Not open for further replies.