Nature’s finest display

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
This is a stunningly beautiful video compilation of the Northern Lights in Norway. The quality is superb and most of the clips are not sped up so that you get a sense of the majesty and grandeur of the most incredible lightshow on earth. I'm going to put it on the big screen tonight and loop it.

http://vimeo.com/21419634

That is amazing!

Tell me how to loop it...

Right mouse click on the video, select Turn Loop On.

Awesome. I've seen the NL twice- once from an airplane, over glaciers when flying to AK. The other time I was fishing in ME at night and there were orange fingers pulsing across the whole sky. You'll never forget it if you see a good show.

I've been fortunate to see two spectacular shows and a couple minor ones. The first time in CT I nearly drove off the road straight into Carol King's house. Second time was out on the Atlantic off of the Maine coast. It's so magically powerful that you expect to hear music.

Very cool pictures
I see the green ones here often in the winter months.
Have been lucky to see multi colored ones a few times.
You just stand there & stare. They dance like ribbons in wind & shoot colored rays across the sky.
2012 is supposed to be a good year for them, more solar activity forecasted.
Something about a "solar maximum" being due.

they were visible from Bozeman last May, when I was still living there, but unfortunately, I didn't find that out until about a month or so ago! Figures... :-S

BeGreen said:
This is a stunningly beautiful video compilation of the Northern Lights in Norway. The quality is superb and most of the clips are not sped up so that you get a sense of the majesty and grandeur of the most incredible lightshow on earth. I'm going to put it on the big screen tonight and loop it.

http://vimeo.com/21419634

wow... that is amazing. Words seriously can't descibe the Aurora...

Status
Not open for further replies.