Natures Earth - Freedom Fuel pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crausch

Aug 26, 2008
Littlestown, PA
Cleaned my stove when I got home from work today. The 4 bags of Appling County Pellets (ACP) that I recently finished burning seem to leave almost as much ash as 25 bags of my Turman pellets. When I was done, I filled my hopper with my first bag of some Freedom fuel pellets. Wow, I am amazed and also surprized.

All the pellets I have burned so far were 5/16" in dia. and anywheres from an inch or longer. When I opened the the bag of Freedom Fuel pellets (100% pure pine - softwood), they looked strange. They were only a 1/4" in diameter and the longest pellet was about 1" in length. I couldn't believe how small the entire contents was. I have poured in 2 bags and had very few fines in the bags.

I fired up the stove and man did they put out the heat. Being smaller I knew the auger would fill easily and try to feed more pellets at once. The stove has been running for a couple hours now with these pellets and I hardly have have ash build up in the pot. Before I give these a 5 out of 5 star rating, I want to see tomorrow morning how many I go through since they feed more in the auger at any one time compared to the longer 5/16" pellets.

All I can say is I am glad to see the Appling pellets gone. Since they have been burned up and gone, my sinuses seem to have got better also.

Not sure if you saw my comments in an earlier post, but I tried a few bags of Appling County pellets as well. Unbelievable amount of ash compared to the LG's I have been using and they smelled like arse. Will have to try some of the Natures Earth. Where did you get them?

[quote author="codebum" date="1231313152"]I picked them up at the Home Depot in Maryland. I guess depending on where you live, your HD may carry something different.

Here is their site: http://www.freedomfuelusa.net/[/quote

I will keep my eyes open for them. Thanks for the tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.