Natures Energy wood pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ssupercoolss

Jan 28, 2008
southeast pa
i did a quick search and found no real info on natures energy pellets on here. anyone burn these? they are at my local home depot, which started off the year selling the american wood fibers which my stove really likes. now they dont have them. lesson learned. buy the pellets you like, even if you may not need them. these are not the natures heat pellets from penningtons which my stove hates.

futureboiler said:
i did a quick search and found no real info on natures energy pellets on here. anyone burn these? they are at my local home depot, which started off the year selling the american wood fibers which my stove really likes. now they dont have them. lesson learned. buy the pellets you like, even if you may not need them. these are not the natures heat pellets from penningtons which my stove hates.

Anything to report on the Nature's Energy? Just saw them 4.99 a bad at local Tractor Supply store.

I can only offer some limited info, having only picked up and run 1 bag pf Natures Energy yesterday:
My non-scientific observations were that I got more ash, and a little less heat than my normal burn of AWF's.
BUT overall, the NE actually burned better than what I was expecting.
Not quite a middle of the pack pellet for my 20 yr old Whitfield.

I don't think I would buy a ton, but I will grap a couple more NE bags next trip to HD and give them another run thru a clean stove.

You may want to pick up a couple sample bags and see what you think.

In the meantime, I picked up a few bags of Great American Pellets to tryout from a local pellet house. Will start on them
early next week.

Vforce said:
I can only offer some limited info, having only picked up and run 1 bag pf Natures Energy yesterday:
My non-scientific observations were that I got more ash, and a little less heat than my normal burn of AWF's.

I don't think I would buy a ton, but I will grap a couple more NE bags next trip to HD and give them another run thru a clean stove.

In the meantime, I picked up a few bags of Great American Pellets to tryout from a local pellet house. Will start on them
early next week.

Out of curiosity, which HD did you get the Nature's Energy pellets from? I wouldn't mind trying a bag or two if it's close.

Vforce said:

early next week.

Thanks. I picked up 4 bags and will try them out.

Vforce said:
SLVRBLKK, I purchased in Montgomeryville, Pa store, which has to be a good
45+ miles from you.

Oh ok looks like it's down 309....thanks for letting me know though! Maybe a day trip...lol....oink

Vforce said:

early next week.

Nature's Energy have crap ton of dust when I open the bags. I mean so bad I have to figure a way to sift it. I would say so far, little less heat then my greenways (which have zero dust). Did I mention the dust?

Darn at the "black" ash this morning after running it (nature's energy) over night. Nothing at all like the greenways.

Picture of bag.

Attachments

• natures.jpg
    natures.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.