Natures heat. Bad idea:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
I can get a delivery of these for my m55. I have heard mixed reviews. Mistake? Price is 238 plus delivery up to 4 tons. Pellets are tight, so I might not get too picky...

Thoughts?

If it's all you can get then you gotta burn what you can.

Yes if it's all you can get I would buy them.but I didn't get very good reviews when I had asked about them.you could get a ton or 2 and see what else comes available and just use those in the shoulder season.

I think one can find better pellets at the bottom of a rabbit cage or sheep yard. I tried them now twice in two years and still bad. If you are really hard up you have to do what you have to:(

Reactions: Big papa
To add to this thread, my parents have been buying them at Sams Club five bags a week (all they can find) and burning them right away. After a month and a half of this, I went to do a deep cleaning to the stove last week and it was full of ash. All the ash traps were maxed out, and the ash pan was full two weeks after being emptied last.

You can even see the burning ashes flying around in the burn pot. And the flame is kinda of weak.

That said, it is saving them from using the quality pellets (Somersets and Presto Logs) which they plan to burn in January to March.

So if you can't find anything else, they will do, just be ready to clean a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.