NC-13 got an update!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
I finally finished my fireplace surround. Total cost $380! We repainted the room and need to put stuff back, but this is the fireplace. I also threw in a feeding shot...

Attachments

• longfire.jpg
    longfire.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 395
  • fireside.jpg
    fireside.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 381
  • fill13.jpg
    fill13.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 372
I have had it for almost 2 years. Burns great!

The load in the picture is now at 400* (stove top temp) at 6 1/2 hours. 7, 10" pieces of Ash and Elm. Back of the house is 71*, living room probably 75*.

Nice job !!

I agree, the 13 does better with E/W for some reason :)

7 hrs later. Just reloaded at 300* stove top (could have gone longer but I have things to do). 4 18" Ash splits E/W.

Look great fireant, congrats!

Ray

Looks great! Nice heat too.

Beautifull setup you've got there. It sounds like your getting a feel for how your stove works. I know Im finding out that laying them straight end, the heat is more intense and longer lasting than the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.